A few links I’ve found useful:
- Astrospheric : A great weather visualization that can be tuned for your location.
- Rammb-slider : Satellite views, very adjustable.
- Clear Sky Charts : Find your local dark sky forecast
- Light Pollution Map : See the pollution in your area.
Scope & Camera Math
- CCDCalc : A handy utility to visualize the FOV of scope/camera setup.
- Useful Formulae : Several very useful formulas for scopes, cameras, and eyepieces
- Dithering Info : Simple approach to dithering scale
- Astronomy Tools : FOV and CCD calculators
Astronomy Forums, Groups and Associations
- CloudyNights : A Great! set of forums to get information on astronomy related topics
- Stargazers Lounge : Another astronomy forum (sponsered by FLO in the UK)
- Olympic Astronomical Society : The Astronomy Group on the Olympic Peninsula
- Minor Planet Center : Data or Asteroids & other near earth objects
- AAVSO : American Association of Variable Star Observers
“How to” Sites
- Collimate RC : A good treatise on a difficult issue
- Collimate RC 2 : This method worked for me right away
- AstroBaby Collimate a Newt : Pretty straightforward method. Also, there’s many tutorials on YouTube.